1.01.2008

10 Songs that Inspire

first of all, happy new year! this year I have an ambitious aim. every Tuesday I am promising top ten Tuesdays. a top ten of what I don't know, but that is officially 52 top ten lists. disclaimer: all top ten lists will expressly be the opinion of amena brown and may be goofy and have no evidence to back them except some random stuff I like. reading may be entertaining, which may cause LOL or SOL (that's smile on line grasshopper…or could be the other one you thought too…) anyway enough bantering…check out the first one…

top ten songs to keep you inspired!
so it's the first of the year and I don't know about you but I'm feeling like the past is behind me and I've got this long stretch of future in front of me. January is a great month. your work out plan turns out all right, you finally stop dealing with the people that you need to let go of, you are on day 5 of stopping that bad habit, but somewhere around February the gym gets empty, you have a weak moment and let a stray back in, and you are smoking that cigarette or whatever your stress vice is. these songs may help you to keep going towards your goals this year even when you stumble. send me any inspirational songs that help you make it past January and you will surely get a blog shout out.

1. strength courage & wisdom – India.arie
"I close my eyes and I think of all the things that I want to see…so let it be"

2. off the wall – michael jackson
"life ain't so bad at all, when you live it off the wall."

3. american dreamin – jay-z
"you can redefine the game as we know it, one dream at a time."

4. I wonder – kanye west
"I wonder if you know what it means to find your dreams…"
*If you can name the original that kanye sampled you get a blog shoutout! :D

5. press – fred Hammond
"til I become what He wants me to be…"

6. that's the way of the world – earth, wind, & fire
"you will find peace of mind, when you look way down in your heart & soul. don't hesitate because the world seems cold."

7. bag lady – Erykah badu
"let it go, let it go, let it go."

8. everything is everything – lauryn hill
"what is meant to be will be."

9. breakaway – Kelly Clarkson
"take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and break away."

10. work that – mary j. blige
"work what you got"

No comments: