I'm getting ready to hit the polls and thought this would be a timely top ten for super Tuesday. It doesn't matter if you have to leave work early, take your lunch break, get up extra early…do whatever you gotta do to get up, get out, and do something by casting your vote today. here's the top ten to provide you with some extra voting motivation…
1. people gave their lives so you could have the right.
2. be a part of history, the first presidential election where either a woman or a black man will represent the democratic party.
3. nobody wants to hear a complainer who doesn't do anything about the issues they complain about. voting means you don't just talk about it, you are about it.
4. your vote gives voice to the issues you care about most.
5. voting channels your inner revolutionary.
6. the "I voted today" sticker is a really sexy accessory.
7. if you are a person of color or a woman, rewind less than a century ago and you would not have been able to vote because of your gender or skin color.
8. you can effect change in our country's leadership.
9. the people that came before you have walked miles, endured discrimination, and risked their lives and safety to cast their vote.
10. you don't have a good reason not to.
still trying to decide who to vote for? here's a pretty cool site that might help you align your candidate with the issues you're most concerned about. thanks for the link kimpossible!